I am very excited to announce the creation of The Center for Wellbeing at Redeemer. The mission of this new and innovative initiative is to provide:
- An interfaith, holistic approach to human wellness
- A resource of connection, direction, and education for individuals and the broader ecumenical community;
- A spiritual framework for healing body, mind, and soul.
Our vision is for every person to be given the hope to be made whole and well; for communities and relationships to be reconciled; for broken spirits, minds, and bodies to be mended.
Specifically, The Center for Wellbeing at Redeemer will offer educational programs and opportunities for the parish, including the Parish Day School, as well as the greater Baltimore community throughout the year. Examples of upcoming topics include:
- Group and individual Spiritual Direction
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Movement and music and meditation
- Regular Book Selections and Discussions
- Mindful Eating
- Weekly links in e-Redeemer to articles and websites that promote health.
As you know, Caroline Stewart completed her time with us as a member of the clergy staff in January. Since then she has been on sabbatical. However, I have invited her to return to Redeemer in a brand new role as the Executive Director of the Center for Wellbeing. Her responsibilities will include coordinating the various opportunities and programs for the Center. Cristina, Freda Marie and I will be leading some of the offerings along with Caroline and outside speakers. While this initiative is in the early stages, I have asked Caroline to preach at all 3 services on September 21 and 22 to give a more comprehensive overview of what lies ahead for this very exciting new mission. She is anxious to have your input as well.
This is an energizing time in the life of this parish! We look forward to all that is ahead as we seek to bring a sense of wellbeing to one another and our city.